Wednesday 13 June 2012

balenciaga saint-honoré boutique, paris

I must admit that even though I LOVE Balenciaga (the first designer bag I ever saved up for and bought with my money is a second-hand 2007 teal Balenciaga City with gunmetal hardware, a limited edition for Nieman Marucs), I've never been to any of their boutiques. I'm not even embarrassed to confess that I find these shops exceedingly intimidating.

But then I saw these photos of their new boutique in on rue St-Honore in Paris, and I think I might swing by next weekend when I'm in town. I love the clashing colours and patterns, the way the lights are arranged makes it look the store is made up of different runways. It is a perfect reflection of Ghesquiere's modern and even futuristic design ethos. Models would be perfectly at home walking up and down the store in the Spring 2007 RTW collection, still one of my favourite shows to date.

Actually, I could picture myself looking there...




Source: Balenciaga

No comments:

Post a Comment