Monday 20 August 2012

summer hair 2012: braids, braids, braids

Ok so summer is half over, but my long-anticipated 9-day Italy trip (Positano, Capri, Bologna, Parma, Cinque Terre) is still 3 weeks away, so it is only now that I've started looking into summer hair. I didn't expect to write a post about this, which is why my image sources aren't as well kept as they should be, for this I apologise.

Braids have gotten me bad. My straight hair always falls too flat for my liking, especially after a dip in the sea, so they are perfect for giving it some texture. Half-ups are the best, as you can pair them up with a bun or pony tail, but when a photo opportunity presents itself, the hair tie comes off and you still have a girly do in place.

Dip-dyed hair is also a guilty pleasure of mine, though I think it looks much better with light coloured hair. Even so, I'm gonna give myself some multicoloured highlights, but probably not when I'm going to the beach.


Fabulous looking tute, if not a bit complicated, which is why...
... I'm going to try this instead!


I love these braids, even though the curls are a bit too much for me.

Another great kind of half-up do to try out.
I'm absolutely in love with the pony in the middle, if anyone knows of a tutorial, tell me!



No comments:

Post a Comment