Monday 4 June 2012

oscar de la renta bridal 2013

Bridal fashion is, obviously, a secret guilty pleasure of any girl, me included (obviously, hot on the heels of the post of Richard Nicoll for Topshop bridal).

I'm rather slow to hop on the bandwagon of worship for Oscar de la Renta's 2013 bridal collection, but in my defence I didn't have a blog at the time of the show. And ohhhhh, it's divine! I'm admittedly not a huge fan of de la Renta, but this bridal collection is just spot-on.

I love the matte, soft textures with just the right stiffness to give the dresses shape- the silhouettes are so classy whilst maintaining a delicate, feminine touch. I love the veils, the very Grace Kelly high lace-collar, and particularly the one-shoulder, almost regal gown with the organza (I think) overlays. The flowers are another great touch, not sure if it's a standard bridal show practice, but the they really set the mood for me.

I was a bit averse to the strong colours at Vera Wang Bridal, I'm still a complete conformist when it comes to bridal wear palettes. The ice-blue bridesmaid dresses are perfect, throwing in just the right amount of colour so the collection stands out. And of course, the flower girls are just adorable!



The dress on the right: the texture of the icy blue fabric and the flowing train = absolute perfection

Images from Oscar de la Renta

No comments:

Post a Comment